Five Ways to Integrate Social Justice into your Business
Fri, 11/09/2012 - 4:26pm | by monicadear
Here are five ways to integrate social justice into your company practices. Consider integrating these into your mission statement and encouraging others at your place of work to engage on developing a company-wide social justice mission statement.
5) Go Green: Commit to adopting green business practices. Reduce waste and decrease energy and water consumption. Increase recycling and composting efforts, and encourage a reliance on public transportation, biking, or walking to work.
4) Foster Diversity at all Levels: Hire women and people of color at your highest levels of management. Fortune Magazine uses an annual 50 Best Companies for Minorities and Working Mother Magazine uses their yearly 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers to encourage you with specific solutions.
3) Support Socially Responsible Partners, Associates, and Vendors: Support socially just companies through your purchases: find and support other businesses that offer environmentally-friendly practices or who are committed to community development, education, charitable giving, or supporting minorities and women.
2) Pay Equity: Implement living wage policies for your employees. Develop a pay scale that rewards all of your employees and ties management fees within reasonable limits. and a top way to integrate social justice into your business practices:
1) Give Back: Find and support a cause that you believe in: your company may institute charitable giving or donations of knowledge, skills, materials, or volunteer hours. Include your company in your community's ongoing efforts to create a sustainable future.