Top Twelve Things to Know -- For Green Businesswomen
Fri, 11/09/2012 - 4:26pm | by monicadear
The beauty of our marketplace today is we can always find a green option. Let's choose the sustainable or eco-friendly option over the mainstream version.
Here are top twelve things that I think all green women in business know. Give yourself one point for each item you know already!
1) What day is recycling pickup for the office/building/neighborhood?
2) Where your reusable shopping bag is at all times, ready to use for produce, groceries, or a quick trip to the farmer's market:
3) A supply for 100% post-consumer-waste printing paper:
http://www.buygreen.com/newleafencore100.aspx (better yet, you're going totally paperless)
4) How much the electric bill is and what steps to take to reduce it:
5) How to go more green by bringing your own cup or mug to the local café:
http://greencafenetwork.org/category/cafes/ (you would be amazed at how many single-use coffee cups litter our landfills)
6) Where to find other green businesswomen in your industry:
http://greenbusinesswomen.com (post a free listing here and access great members-only discounts ---- share your own promotions with our members, too)
7) The best ways to meet online instead of meeting in person:
Skype http://www.skype.com for phone calls and person-to-person web conferencing.
8) What kind of compostable, biodegradable utensils to offer at the next company event:
9) Company policy on working from home, telecommuting and remote access:
10) Where to get recycled, handmade products nearby:
11) Where to get luxury sustainable jewelry:
12) The next steps for how to install a photovoltaic solar system for your home, office, or business:
So how did you score?
9-12 points == You're already a green businesswoman!
5-8 points == Good going... increase your ability to practice sustainable options, and do your research!
0-4 points == It's a start. Let's learn and share together.